Sunday, July 27, 2008

Crockpot Chicken

First, lest any of you think I actually know what I'm talking about when I post recipes... don't be fooled! I do not cook nearly as often as I ought to, and I only cook when something is ridiculously easy! So, when I find something that tastes good and meets that criteria, it deserves to be shared. This is courtesy of my dear friend, Steph, who does cook a lot, and she is WONDERFUL at it! So, you know this has to be good!

Ingredients:

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
8 oz package of cream cheese cubed
4 1/2 oz can of chopped green chilies
1 package dry Italian Salad dressing

Put all ingredients into crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours. (Stir occasionally to melt cream cheese.) Steph serves this over brown rice. I serve it over wide egg noodles. It's DELICIOUS! The chicken falls apart and is really tender, and the sauce is creamy with just a little kick from the green chilies... kind of a Mexican/Italian dinner. YUM!

No comments: